We want you to obtain personalised experiences anytime, anywhere, on any device. This requires us to collect personal information from you. However, we want to put you in control of that personal information. We want you to be aware at all times where and how your personal information is being used. This is of paramount importance to us.
So, let’s describe what this Policy tells you. It explains:
- what information we may collect about you;
- what we may do with the information we collect about you;
- whether we share your information with anyone else;
- the types of cookies we use and how you can reject these cookies;
- where we store your information;
- how we keep your information secure; and
- your rights in relation to your information.
At The Privacy Compliance Hub Limited we take your privacy seriously. We operate on the principle that your personal information belongs to you and only you can decide who you want to share it with and why. This is fundamental to the way we work and we’re committed to providing a secure environment for you to store your personal information and share it with others when you want to.WHEN DOES THIS POLICY APPLY
1. Information you voluntarily provide
- If you contact us by phone or email, we may keep a record of information related to such contact (eg. name, address, telephone number and email address) for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- If you report a problem with the Website or the Services, we may keep a record of information related to such contact (eg. name, address, telephone number and email address) for two years in case we need to contact you in relation to the issue you for which you contacted us, for operational performance improvement and/or nuisance caller management. We will not use it for marketing purposes.
- You may provide us with name, photograph and contact details of members of your organisation for the purpose of inclusion in your instance of The Privacy Compliance Hub. We destroy that information promptly after you cease using the Services.
- You may provide us with information in documents that you store within The Privacy Compliance Hub. We return that information to you promptly after you cease using the Services, or we can destroy it (as you prefer). Of course, we have built data portability into our product, so you can download those documents at any time up to the time you choose to cease using the Services.
When you use the Website, we use Google Analytics to collect information about your visit to our Website. You can find more information about Google Analytics here. [INSERT LINK]. In essence, Google Analytics enables us to analyse how you and others interact with our Website. The information we collect may include:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser you use (e.g. are you using the Chrome or Safari browser?); and
- the number of sessions per browser on each device;
- the type of device (eg Samsung) and operating system (eg Android) you are using;
- referrer information;
- time zone;
- user preferences; and
- which pages you visited.
We use the information you provide to us to:
- enable us to provide the Services;
- ensure our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device to achieve the most user-friendly navigation experience;
- provide you with marketing information about us and our services (you may opt out from receiving such information at any time);
- notify you about changes to the Services;
- defend our servers against malicious attacks.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.THIS IS WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will only share your information with other organisations where we have your permission to do so in accordance with this Policy or where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate reason connected with the Website and/or the Services.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of third parties we work with. We may work with third parties not listed below or stop working with the third parties listed below.
|Name of third party||Why we work with them|
|Google Analytics||To monitor Website performance & user experience.|
|Amazon Web Services||To process emails.|
|Wavesong Design Limited||To manage our server.|
|Memset Ltd||To provide the server infrastructure.|
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request;
- to protect the rights, property or safety of our Website and/or our users.
We have outlined below the individual cookies we use and why we use them:
|Cookie name||Expiry period||Purpose||More information|
|_ga||2 years||Used by Google Analytics to distinguish users.||Google Analytics Cookie Usage|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate.||Google Analytics Cookie Usage|
|Consent cookie||1 year||Used by us to ensure that you only have to see the cookie consent pop up once.|
|Session cookie||Upon closure of your browser.||To enable you to remain logged on when you login to receive the Services.|
The data that we collect from you may be processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA), but we have ensured that there is an adequate level of protection for such data.KEEPING INFORMATION SECURE
All information you provide to us is stored on servers managed by Wavesong Design Limited. The server infrastructure is provided by Memset Ltd. More information on this provider is available at https://www.memset.comHERE ARE YOUR RIGHTS
We think it is important that you are able to control your personal data.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The law gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We first require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. In addition, you may request rectification or erasure of personal information as well as the restriction of processing of your personal information.
If you wish to complain about the processing of your personal information then please contact us first, but if we do not satisfactorily deal with your complaint, then you may contact the Information Commissioner.
If you want to stop using the Website and the Services, you may do so. If you do, you may also want to remove any cookies that we have placed on any device used to access the Website.THIRD PARTY PROPERTIES ACCESSED FROM THE WEBSITE
Our Website and Services may contain links to and from the online properties of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these online properties, please note that these online properties have their own privacy policies which will govern use of any personal data that they process. Please check these policies carefully before you click on any links and/or submit any personal data to these online properties.CHANGE OF CONTROL
If the ownership of our business changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner so they can continue to operate the Website and provide the Services. The new owner will be obliged to comply with this Policy.CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
Any changes we may make to this Policy in the future will be posted on this page. Where it makes sense because the changes are material, we will notify you of the changes by e-mail or in another appropriate manner such as when you next interact with the Website.CONTACTING US IS EASY AND WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
We really do welcome any questions, comments and requests you may have regarding this Policy. You can contact us by emailing us at email@example.com.
Issue Date: 3 July 2017